Saturday 11 December 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Kulkin, Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza. Dir. Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead). Written by Michael Bacall (two films I've never heard of) and Edgar Wright, from the graphic novel by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

In order to continue dating the gorgeous Ramona Flowers, Michael Ce... I mean Scott Pilgrim must do battle with her seven evil exes.

Apparently this didn't do as well as many thought it would, and it seems hard to tell why. It looks sharp, witty and stylish - Edgar Wright's two previous films were fantastically fresh (Shaun of the Dead has become a cult classic, and Hot Fuzz had me rolling around the place with its mix of Agatha Christie-style small-town English intrigue and horrific bloody violence), and the cast looks solidly likeable, especially Cera.

I have the flu and may download this to help me through. It looks awesome.

Why didn't people go see it? (Apart from me, I mean - I don't go see anything).

No comments: