Tuesday 30 November 2010

True Grit

Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Domhnall Gleeson, Hailee Steinfeld, Barry Pepper. Written and directed by Ethan and Joel Coen (No Country for Old Men, Fargo, Blood Simple, and shit-loads of other great, great films) from the novel by Charles Portis.

This.

Is.

Going.

To.

Rule.

Look at it. Just look at it. The Coens, the cast, one of the great epic western myths of all time... this is going to be one of the greatest films ever made.

Right, enough slathering. As I wipe the saliva from my chin. Okay. Deep breaths. Right. So, not a remake of the John Wayne classic as such, but a new adaptation from the novel. Given the work the Coens did adapting No Country for Old Men, this version of True Grit is shaping up to be utterly legendary.

So much so I intend seeing it. If I see only one film this year (which is optimistic) I'll try to make it this one.

Can't goddamn wait.